-->

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Celebrate Hanukkah on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series

I've raved previously about Brooklyn soul singer Sharon Jones and the terrific music she's made with the Dap Kings, including the holiday masterpiece "Ain't No Chimneys in the Projects," which is the only track intentionally included in two of my previous holiday mixes. I've also given mad props to NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts, which I've recommended in my professional life as great way to recharge your batteries and your spirit at work during particularly stressful times. So you can imagine my reaction to a Tiny Desk Concert featuring Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, right? How about one where the band's doing nothing but holiday tunes?  OK, no gifts needed for me this year; I've got all I need right here!

The Tiny Desk Concert's scheduled for broadcast on December 21, but NPR's wisely chosen to whet out appetite by releasing a choice preview track called "Eight Days of Hanukkah":



The NPR appearance coincides with the release of the group's latest album, "It's a Holiday Soul Party!," and as if they haven't already done enough to brighten the holidays, NPR's made the whole album available for listening HEREfor a limited time only. Enjoy, and consider buying some of the other great stuff now available from Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings.

Check Out Music from Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment