-->

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Top Christmas Toys from the 1960s and '70s

As a child of the '60s and '70s, quite a few of the toys in this video really resonate with me. Christmas was always a special time of year in our home, and my brother and I were the happy beneficiaries of our family's generosity. I loved my Etch-a-Sketch and Lite Brite toys, but was also slightly jealous of my female cousin the year she received an Easy-Bake oven! I marvel today about how my Dad kept up with the latest fads and always seemed to know which toys were most popular. 

I also have vivid memories of shopping trips to the Natick and Dedham malls in suburban Boston to buy my gifts to various family members, as well as the secretive wrapping parties at which they were wrapped. Things seemed less pressured and frantic in those days, and the period from Thanksgiving to Christmas seemed to last forever. I'm awfully grateful to have grown up when I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment