-->

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

What Is It About British Christmas TV Commercials?

I can't remember the last time I watched regular broadcast television. We don't get TV at our house, and while I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube and some of the a la carte paid channels, I haven't had to suffer through American TV commercials in what seems like ages. Some of the old commercials I remember were pretty good. Most of them weren't. 

It seems things are different in Britain, where advertisers compete every Christmas to produce the most moving, sentimental and lovely commercials. 

I found this clip when I opened YouTube this morning. It's a compilation featuring the best holiday ads now playing across the pond. Have a look if you feel like tearing up a little, though I'd limit yourself to no more than two in one sitting unless you've got some extra insulin lying around. The last two clips, starting at 11:35, are especially good.

Why aren't our stores competing for the high ground like this? Maybe our presidential candidates could take a page from this book?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment