-->

Friday, December 23, 2011

New Holiday Song from Yoko Ono!

Many people don't believe me when I say I'm a big fan of Yoko Ono and her music, but it's true. I've loved her stuff since the '70s, and I admire her as much as any public figure I can think of. I mean, can you imagine any other 78-year-old woman who's been through everything she's been through who could still maintain her loving and optimistic view of the world? Or top the Billboard Dance Music charts with each of her past seven records?! I'm sorry, but this woman ROCKS! I was thrilled to learn that she's released a new holiday tune this season with the Flaming Lips, and that she's scheduled to perform a couple of New Year's Eve shows with them in their home town of Oklahoma City. The new song is called "Atlas Eets Christmas" (pronounced "at last it's Christmas" -- get it?) and while it took me a couple of listens to really get into it, it's a neat song with a beautiful message:




By the way, you can celebrate the 40th anniversary of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by visiting Yoko's Download Page and picking up a War is Over poster for your window, car or office. Give peace a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment