-->

Monday, December 23, 2013

Time Out for a Holiday Tiny Desk Concert from New Orleans

I'm a big fan of little things, and I've long believed it's essential for busy people to take occasional short breaks from their work and other activities to simply let their minds roam free. Not surprisingly, I love NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series, which features various musical groups performing short shows lasting around 15 minutes from the NPR Music offices for people to enjoy anytime from their desks. They're just the ticket when you need to recharge your batteries, and a good introduction to new acts, too. Last week's show featured the Preservation Hall Jazz Band performing a few of their favorite New Orleans Christmas songs, and it was a terrific bridge to the Christmas holiday. Here's the full show, which included the tunes: (1) Sugar Plum, (2) I Think I Love You, (3) Happy Holiday, and (4) Dear Lord. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment